What is Co-Managed Care for Veterans?

Start a Discussion

Get Involved and start your discussion now. Our members will discuss with you!

Start a Discussion

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Tricare Coverages

Military Authority Member
Charles Freiberg June 2nd, 2011

I have Tricare for Life as a retire with Medicare B. My wife, working for the same company for 42 years, with medical coverage, was the victim of downsizing.
Anyone have a suggestion on "Can I enroll her into Tricare"? If yes! what would be an option. I have no idea of what I'm talking about.


Military Authority Member
Admin Admin June 3rd, 2011

Hi, Charles.

Medicare-entitled family members are eligible for TRICARE for Life (TFL). If you wife has not signed up for Medicare Part B yet, she will need to enroll first. She should be all set to receive her TFL benefits after that.

If you'd like to speak to someone about eligibility or enrollment procedures, you can contact the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You can call them at 1-800-538-9552 or visit your nearest uniformed services ID card facility. Locate the ID facility by visiting

Military Authority Member
Marylee Beebe July 6th, 2011

Hello Mr. Frieberg:

The information provided to you above is correct. Your wife must sign up for Medicare Part B, she needs to be enrolled. After that call Tricare for Life and let them know that she is your spouse and covered under your Tricare for Life. I'm the spouse of a 100% disabled veteran and called this morning to make sure everything is right in their computer system when it comes to having bills submitted.

Add Your Comments