Google
What is Co-Managed Care for Veterans?

Start a Discussion

Get Involved and start your discussion now. Our members will discuss with you!

Start a Discussion

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Wow "Act of Valor" was amazing....

Military Authority Member
Brandon Bley March 5th, 2012

I can't understand why it got such bad reviews, it was incredible; movie critics are a bunch of pretentious idiots, really

Replies

Military Authority Member
Auth May 28th, 2012

This series of posts is so enucaroging! I used to be so concerned with achieving perfect balance between home, ministry and work (at the church we pastor). I lived under a cloud of guilt because I always felt like I was failing on one front or another. Now I try not to compartmentalize my life. I don't look at all my various roles as hats that I wear. I look at it as a giant wheel with Jesus in the center. I am first and formost His disciple, and everything else I am/do radiates from that core identity. Different seasons of life (mainly driven by the ages of my children and needs of the church) require that I put more energy into one role or another wife, mother, pastor, daughter, friend, etc. I just shift my focus periodically as the Holy Spirit leads. I truly believe that we will never loose what God has entrusted us to steward (our children) by doing what He has placed in our hand to do (ministry) if we walk in His wisdom. On big bonus about ministry is that it does provide a lot of flexibility. So in seasons where I know I need to do some intense mommy-time, I leave the office early, take off to go to field trips, class parties, etc. I also find that piggy-backing pastoral care -type meetings on services After Sundays or before or after wednesdays) frees up a lot of time because I'm already in the ministry flow!

Add Your Comments