Google
What is Co-Managed Care for Veterans?

Start a Discussion

Get Involved and start your discussion now. Our members will discuss with you!

Start a Discussion

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Anyone serve or know anyone who has in South Korea

Military Authority Member
marianne cino January 9th, 2012

I am wondering if there is anyone who would know of anyone who has served in South Korea? My daughters husband got orders to go and they are offering him on e year of duty there and then somewhere else after that, and my daughter cannot go with him or three years there and she can go. I would love tomake a connection with someone who may know what it is like in south korea?

Replies

Military Authority Member
TMM February 6th, 2012

I have been to SKorea twice. It is a very beautiful country with a very loving, caring culture; however it is a VERY different experience to what we are used to here in the USA. If you like to learn other languages or about other cultures you'd enjoy being there. However, the biggest thing is the husbands job. Some peoples jobs pull them away from their families a lot more than some members are comfortable with being in a foreign country, due to feild problems and that sort of responsibility, although things were getting better. I'm not sure how things have been lately (since Kim Jong Il died) I've heard some rumors, but nothing concrete.

Add Your Comments