What is Co-Managed Care for Veterans?

How to Pay For Your Degree While Serving Your Country.

According to the Department of Education, a college graduate earns on average twice as much as someone with a high school diploma over the course of a career. However, many people are discouraged from attending college because of the expensive price tag. Don’t be one of these people. As a member of the military, you are eligible to receive financial support toward your degree.

As soon as you enlisted, many of your educational benefits took effect. Two key financial benefits include Tuition Assistance and the Student Loan Repayment Program. Others, such as the Montgomery GI Bill, require you to complete Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training.

Tuition Assistance is not a loan, it is an allotment paid directly to the educational institution. Benefit amounts vary by service branch.

If you have a student loan obligation at the time you enlist, the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will pay up to $20,000 to ease the financial burden. Plus, current guard members who extend their contract for at least six years may also be eligible for SLRP.

Have you completed Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training? If so, you are eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill. The Montgomery G.I. Bill provides a monthly stipend over a 36-month period.

With these resources at your disposal, there’s no reason to avoid getting your post-high school education. Tuition Assistance and the MGIB combined can add up to more than $60,000 for higher education. If you already borrowed money, you can receive up to $3,000 a year to help repay existing student loans.

You’ve earned these benefits through your service to our country. For more information on education benefits visit our education benefits page.

Share This

Related Topics