Frequently Asked Questions


I am 100% service-disabled veteran. My wife and I have legal guardianship of our two granddaughters; one 17, the other 13. Is there any assistance or a VA program for college I can have the oldest apply for?


If you are the legal guardian of your granddaughters and they receive other military dependent benefits, they should be eligible for most of the scholarships and programs designated for any military dependent. As many are run by private organizations, you might have to check on the individual scholarship application to be sure. We have several listed on our website here: Another good resource for scholarship information and other ways to pay for college is the Military Children’s Scholarship Handbook you can download for free at

GARD Pro Not Registered



Skip to toolbar