What is Co-Managed Care for Veterans?

VA Health Care Important Documents

Those seeking a VA benefit for the first time must submit a copy of their service discharge form (DD-214, DD-215, or for WWII veter¬ans, a WD form), which documents service dates and type of dis¬charge, or give their full name, military service number, and branch and dates of service. The veteran’s service discharge form should be kept in a safe location accessible to the veteran and next of kin or designated representative. 

The following documents will be needed for claims processing re¬lated to a veteran’s death: 
  1. Veteran’s marriage certificate for claims of a surviving spouse or children.
  2. Veteran’s death certificate if the veteran did not die in a VA health care facility.
  3. Children’s birth certificates or adoption papers to determine children’s benefits.
  4. Veteran’s birth certificate to determine parents’ benefits.

Share This