Aimed at helping veterans refresh their academic skills and prepare to successfully complete the college degree of their choice, the U.S. Department of Education offers a number of free skills development courses through the Veterans Upward Bound program.
Veterans Upward Bound Programs offers:
- High School Equivalency program preparation
- Remedial or refresher coursework for high school graduates who would like to pursue a college education. Core academic subjects as well as foreign language and computer skills are offered.
- Assistance with college or university applications
- Assistance with financial aid applications
- Personalized counseling – whether personal, academic or career-focused
- Exposure to cultural events, academic programs, and other educational activities
- Personalized class tutoring and study help